There are many Saanich real estate professionals to choose from so deciding which one is right for you requires some research on your part. You may solicit referrals from neighbors, friends and family members who have used an agent before. One thing you will want is to pick someone not close to you that you can have a serious straight talk with and not be afraid to have a disagreement. Keep in mind they will become quite intimate with your entire financial picture. Count on spending a lot of time with them so determine that his or her style is compatible with yours. Do you work well with someone who is easygoing or more aggressive and yet still personable. If you don’t like your agent, chances are neither will anyone else. Choose the most qualified person you feel you are compatible with who is familiar with your market, acts in an ethical manner answers all your questions and addresses your concerns. You want an agent who will listen and be your teammate through the entire process.
Questions to Ask a Prospective Agent
- How many other buyers are you representing right now? Sellers? Hint the busiest agents are often the most efficient
- In which neighborhood do you primarily work?
- How many homes have you closed on in my neighborhood?
- Is your licence in good standing, you can check their certification yourself with the Canadian Real Estate Association.
- How many years of education do you have. Experience and continuing education typically make for a better agent
- Will I be working directly with you or handed to anyone else other than you? In other words, will you handle all aspects of my transaction or delegate some tasks to a sales associate or administrative assistant.
- Can you provide me with references, names etc. Insight will help you learn more about an agent and provide a greater level of comfort.
- Do you work full time or part time as Real Estate agent
Pick a Winner
Inquire if they have won any awards for sales, if they have, you know you have picked a winner. Choosing the right real estate professional is a very key factor whether you are buying or selling a home. The difference between a good experience depends on picking not just the right agent, but the right one for you when you are looking for homes for sale in Saanich. So consider the advice above when you make your decision.