The demands of the clients are increasing because they have many options now to get their work done. That is why the rate of project failures are increasing, and the companies are satisfied in just completing the project between the given deadlines with some degree of success. The clients don’t know that the collaboration between them and the company is important to complete their projects efficiently. However, there are some companies with the help of their project managers are completing the projects not only before the deadlines but also providing the best product with all the satisfaction of the client.
From such companies and project managers, I have compiled some of the best project management principles and practices which are best to fulfil the demands of the clients.
The best practices in the planning are based on three steps. Planning, Project Workplan, Project Management Procedures.
- Plan your work by utilizing the project definition provided by the client:
The IT infrastructure projects have this tendency to go against the planning process by jumping right on the middle stages instead of starting from the beginning. This is one of the biggest mistakes that the companies and project managers do. The time spends on the planning of the project not only keep the project aligned but also reduce the cost of the project. The project definition that the project manager builds on the client deliverance, once get approved by the client and relevant stakeholders, it becomes the base of the work to be done on the project.
Following are the points on which a plan can build up for every project.
- Project Overview: design the project on the business drivers, business benefits and the reason of exchange migration.
- Objectives: Define the objectives of the migration and what do you want to achieve from the migration.
- Scope: establish the departments, and the scope which will be converted and the features of exchange will be implemented.
- Approach: How will unfold and proceed the migration project?
- Signature Page: keep the stakeholders updated about your plans and ask them to approve the document and signify that they agree on your plan.
- Create a planning horizon:
After the brief discussion on the project definition, it is time to create the Workplan. Workplan is the guide that defines the step by step instructions for providing the deliverables of the project and managing the project. If you have already done a similar project before, then you prefer to us the prior Workplan than wasting time on creating a new one. This is also what the academic writer do whenever you ask them to do my assignment they also use the same template which they always use for the kind of your assignments.
Your Workplan should be in detailed. It should include the tasks like resources assigning and estimating the work as far out as you feel comfortable in it. This is the concept of building the horizon. In this horizon, you have to prioritize the things of most important in the project initially to complete the harder area of the project. Your horizon of planning keeps moving forwarding as the project progress to its completion. However, the most important part of every Workplan should be the timeframe of the project.
Project Management Procedures:
- Define the upfront Project Management Procedures:
To outline the resources which is required to manage the project is the important part of project management procedures. This procedure also includes the sections on how your team will manage the issues which will occur during the project, when the scope will change, risks, quality management, communication with the client and so on. To ensure that the project team and stakeholders are on the same page for the project management, it is important to manage the project thoroughly and proactively. Moreover, if your organization have some common procedures for every project, then use it instead of creating new for every project however these procedures should be general so can be implemented on every project.
- Manage your Workplan and monitor the timeframe and cost:
After the start of execution of the project, you have to manage your Workplan against all the hurdles face while the project process. For this, you have to take care of the following points.
- You have to monitor your regular basis of tasks and project progress from the perspective of schedule and budget. The monitoring time can be varied according to the size of the project.
- Keep updating your Workplan by identifying the activities that have been done, so it keeps your team motivated for the completion of the project.
- Identify the lapses in the project and discuss it with your team to sort out the lapses.
- After analyzing the progress and the lapses, determine either your project is going to complete in the given timeframe and budget which are important to provide quality projects.
Alec Martine is a Master in Business Administration from the Stanford University, and he has been with many companies like online academic writing service providers from which you can also ask to write my assignment.