So the classes are soon going to be over and your kids are going to ask you, ‘where are we going this vacation?’! Before you have no answer to their question, it would be wonderful enough to know that you can now make a family safari Tanzania trip, in a very comfortable, yet a very affordable way!
Preparing the Plan
The true excitement of an adventure trip is best shared with our loved ones. Family safari Tanzania is suitable for people of all age groups, including parents, grandparents and kids.
Talking about the budget, if you are having kids below 12 years, the costing would usually cut down to half the price. Policies for children will vary from place to place. Certain areas are restricted for children visit, so we suggest that you make the preparations accordingly by having a pre – conversation with your travel partner and guide. Many lodges do not allow children under 4 years of age. An average family safari trip of 4 to 5 persons would cost about $7,000 to $8,500.
- Reaching here – Short flights from Dar es Salaam or Nairobi to Arusha, Seronera or Kilimanjaro.
- Some suggested family safari lodges and camps include – Lake Manze Tented Camp, Mdonya Old River Camp, Serian Serengeti North, Siwandy, Singiti Faru Faru and others. If you are visiting Zanzibar, you can consider staying in Ras Kutani, Ras Nungwi, Kilindi, Essque Zalu or The Residence Zanzibar.
Places your Family would Love
Children below 6 years of age are usually allowed to explore the Northern Circuit. If you have toddlers, then hiring a private guide and a tailor made itinerary would be much comfortable. Most families go for the fly in safari Tanzania option and even love the horse riding safaris, hot air balloon safaris, the beach and bush safaris and the dolphin safaris. Don’t be startled with the diversity of the African savannah land, because you ought to remember that all places may not be safe for the kids. Recommended places for exploration for families include: Arusha National Park, Central Serengeti National Park, Tarangire National Park, beaches in Zanzibar and a few others.
You can also take your family to explore the cultural and the traditional tribal differences around the foothills of the Kilimanjaro and Olduvai and shop and explore in the main city of Tanzania – Dar es Salaam.
Secure your Family’s Journey
Here are some tips with which you can make your family safari Tanzania trip much more comfortable, hassle free and fun filled:
- Consider for those itinerary plans that do not have long journey hours and lets your young children and older members of the family get adequate rest. Make frequent air trips rather than land journeys.
- Elewana sky safari is a good and a safe option for both youngsters and old people.
- Ensure that you and your family maintain good toilet hygiene when you are at the camping sites.
- Before bringing your children to Tanzania, make sure you consult your paediatricians and get the essential vaccinations done. Ensure you carry all the medications to support illness during the journey.